- Technical apparel that serves dual purpose and warrants the use of man-made textiles in the name of superior functionality, and where other fabrics simply won’t do. In this instance we are very thoughtful about the number of designs we release.
- Technical apparel made of natural fibers entirely or a combination of both natural and man-made fibers for the purpose of function and longevity. An example of this is the use of man-made mixed with merino, cashmere or wool to aid in the longevity or application to equestrian life and/or an active lifestyle.
- A varied supply chain. The manufacturers, craftspeople and Ateliers who play such an important role in our business are treated and paid fairly. We are proud of this, and the extensive time it has taken to make sure we operate a certain way. Where a garment is made is determined by availability of raw goods, the availability of skilled tradespeople and the individual garment design. We manufacture in the USA, China and India, and we are equally proud of every partnership.
- From the beginning, we have shipped in compostable bags, recycled and compostable kraft paper mailers, accompanied by postcards made with recycled paper and printed with eco-friendly ink. During the winter months when kraft mailers are too delicate to use, we ship in recycled polyester mailers. Small steps add up to big changes in our minds.
- Where there is progress to be made, rest assured that we are working on it. No business is perfect in all ways but we aim to continue to improve.
- From the beginning, we have offered our breeches and shirts in sizes ranging from XS to 4X. We have always championed the idea of providing comfort to all bodies in motion, whatever way you choose to move. No matter your shape or size, we support you.
- Non toxic dyes. We are making very strategic moves to change the dyes used on the fabric that makes up our goods. This is a KEY concern for us personally and one we are charging toward in 2024.
How can I track my order?
When your order is shipped, you will receive an email that includes a tracking number and a link for easy tracking of your order’s progress online. This shipping status email also includes the shipping method used, transit time, and shipping date.
Free Shipping Domestic orders will normally ship USPS, but we ship through UPS as well.
How much does shipping cost?
Orders $100+ ship free in the U.S.
When will I receive my order?
Estimated delivery time for domestic orders is 4-7 business days from the date of purchase. Delivery time for International orders varies but is typically 3-10 days.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
We hope you love your purchase! However, returns of clothing are welcome within 30 days of the date of purchase.
Returns are free-
Email us at email@example.com to notify us and so that we can determine if you item is eligible for refund or exchange. We can send a return shipping label to your email.
International orders are Final Sale and not eligible for returns due to shipping and customs cost.
Sale items are Final and not eligible for returns.
Items must be returned in new condition, have no stains or marks on them, nor worn, washed or altered and sent back with all original packaging and tags attached for a full refund on products (initial shipping cannot be refunded).
All refunds will be made using the same method originally used to pay for the purchase less initial shipping fees.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your return.We are unable to offer prepaid returns. However, if you are exchanging an item, we will cover the cost of sending the exchange and returning the item you are exchanging it for. Please e-mail us to let us know what you would like to exchange for and we will send you a label for the item you are sending back. Once we receive the item/items back we will ship out your exchange.
May Babes began out of necessity.
After a the delivery of my second child, I wanted to get back to intentional movement, and I was on a mission.
I didn't want to wear my normal leggings with the endless layers and bunching and multiple seams and moving parts any longer. I didn't want the comfort of full coverage underwear with the unflattering shape and riding up. I didn't want to wear my comfortable thongs and the lines on my fuller hips that came with them. I knew other women had this issue as well! So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I sewed the very first sling into a pair of leggings late in May of 2018, and never looked back.
As I transitioned into active motherhood with two children I realized my breeches were part of this problem. The sense of self I had kept throughout my life, pregnancies and birth was my identity as a horse girl. I had created a solution for my workout leggings and decided it was time to tackle my favorite sport: riding. There's a quote, "The greatest teacher always sends you back to yourself." (by N. Waheed) This is something I firmly believe is true with being an equestrian. Our horses always propel us to look within and ultimately they are the guide to change ourselves and push to change our surroundings. If you are not comfortable or your best self in the saddle, your horse knows. My horse knew. She guided me to find a solution.
It set me on a course of design and patenting (also mistakes, hiccups, and fighting for something that only few believed in). But those hurdles only made me put my heels down more.
I want more than anything-for you, for women and mothers to be active, whatever that might mean to the individual. To throw out the abelism we've been fed since childhood. I want YOU to find intentional movement you enjoy, freedom in the moments of clarity that come from long rides, peaceful walks, pulse firing competition. To set your own personal parameters that make you happy, without comparison. Find the moments where your thoughts settle. Movement that makes your soul happy.
Thankfully the tide is beginning to change and more options are available to those who need more than what has been deemed acceptable in the past. I believe that the future of apparel for bodies in any variety of motion is here. And it isn't going anywhere.
xEm, Founder May Babes